Project #2

Pregnancy Chalkboard!!!

I love pinterest. It gave me the awesome idea pf a pregnancy chalkboard. I have been doing them for a few weeks now and can't wait to show you have they have turned out.
I will also tell you how to make them step by step.

 


How To:


Supplies:
  • large wooden frame
  • paint primer
  • glossy paint of your color choice
  • chalkboard paint
  • paint supplies
  • large piece of flat plywood that is cut to the size of the inside of the frame (only use if picture is not usable)
Find a Frame or Two

Find a large picture frame with a sturdy piece of backer board. I found my large frame at Goodwill for less than $10.00. If your frame doesn't have a good backer board, get a thin piece of laminated plywood to use for your surface. First clean it off with a damp cloth. Allow to completely dry before applying paint primer on it. Once the primer dries, then paint over it with glossy paint. The gloss will make it more durable for children and easier cleaning. A white frame and the chalkboard paint I think makes a classy looking board! :)

Remove Artwork

Use a flathead screwdriver to lift up the metal placement holders on the back of the frame. Take out the artwork and save the backer board.

Prime and Paint the Message Board

Spray or brush a little primer onto the surface and let it dry. I did not use primer on my board and it came out perfect. Apply a coat of chalkboard paint. Let dry and add a second coat if needed. I added about 3/4 coats for super dark color. Follow manufacturer's instructions for drying times. If you are not changing the wording on your project, you may want to use black paint with white paint for lettering instead.

The above photos show the finished product! I hope you guys have fun making this!!!  After I am done with it, Our little guy has something to color on beside the walls!!! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Newborn Shadow Box

He is here!!! :)

5 Years ago this week...