37 Weeks...FULL TERM!!!

I cried on the way to work. NOT because I am unhappy, that is not the case by any means, BUT because TODAY I am considered FULL TERM!!! HOLY CRAP! I cannot believe this has gone by so fast! I am going enjoy this huge belly, swollen feet, heartburn after drinking water, high blood pressure, and EVERYTHING else comes along in the next couple weeks because I’m pretty sure we are going to have a HEALTHY & I’m sure pretty HANDSOME little man!!! :)

FULL TERM! My due date is still 3 weeks away so I know that doesn’t mean a lot, but it gives some peace of mind. This little man could be born anytime now with lungs mature enough to likely be just fine. I’ll take the 3 extra weeks though! I’m figuring I’ll get 4 more weeks with this little one. Resources say he weighs around 6.5 lbs and is 19 – 20 inches long.  My ribcage is expanding to make space for all those squished organs.

I’m seriously running out of clothes that fit. Even maternity clothes barely fit. Most shirts aren’t long enough – as soon as my arms are raised at all, the shirt is up showing my lower belly. Hot, I know. I finally resorted to wearing  almost nothing around the house… now if only I could pass in public dressed that way, haha.

Braxton-Hicks contractions are getting a bit ridiculous. I’ve had them on and off the last month or so, but now I’m having a LOT more, fairly strong.

Weight: 234 lb (down 1 lb from last week, up 33 lb total)
Looking forward to: A baby shower for a friend on Saturday!
Complaints: NO SLEEP. I am a bit uncomfortable at night, which im sure will only get worse as the days go on.
Excited about: Kyle and I started to finish up packing all his clothes and washing everything. His crib is together and just waiting to set his little self in there. That and hang stuff on the walls!
I have a longtime friend coming in that is going to do the walls with a little mural. His name is Bob Peck and artwork is AMAZING. His story is a crazy one too! If you have the opportunity to check out his work PLEASE do so!!! His web address is Wake Me When Im Profound

 I CAN'T wait for everyone to see those pictures!!!




I am also getting together the hospital bag!!! Its officially getting CLOSE!!! OH BOY :)




You can’t pack everything, so just stick to the more important things in the first part of this list. Then, if you end up staying longer (you could be in the hospital for 4 days if you have a C-section), have your partner bring any of other items you might need.

Most important things to bring!: A picture ID (driver's license or other ID), your insurance card, and any hospital paperwork you need!
Bathrobe - I know many sources say you wouldn't want to wear/ruin anything of your own, but Its gotta feel better than those hospital gowns!
Slippers – That OR the Comfy Socks with Grips on the Bottom
Dry Shampoo - In case you aren't able to shower on your own, this would be a lifesaver. I also brought shampoo & conditioner
Chapstick, Face Wash & Moisturizer!
Boppy - for breastfeeding, snuggling & propping up baby.
Camera, Phone & Chargers for both - for sharing the news & capturing all of the first precious moments!
Hand Sanitizer - For you & your guests
Snacks – Enough said! Sometimes hospital food can be bland!!
Nursing Bras- as sensetive as your breasts are going to be, having them secure could feel ALOT better than hanging all out :)
Baby Hats! – Although hospital hats are cute! Those hats you got from your shower or purchased on your own I’m sure are cuter!!!
Whatever will help you relax: For our “overnight” guest…DADDY: Your own pillow (use a patterned or colorful pillowcase so it doesn't get mixed up with the hospital's pillows), music and something to play it on, a picture of someone or something you love, anything you find reassuring. If you're going to be induced, think about bringing some reading material because it may be a while before labor is underway
Going Home Outfit for Baby - something comfy!!! 
 No need to bring multiple changes of clothes. The hospital provides mostly all the onsies he/she will be wearing.
Going Home Outfit for You - I recommend anything loose! Im going to definitely rock a maxi dress!!

No need to pack any of these things…the hospital should be very accommodating! Breast pump, lanolin, bottles, pacifiers, swaddle blankets, onesies, diapers, any feminine products, water cups & towels!

And the one last thing I saw many people recommended... a plug in night light! All of the hospital room lights are soo bright. At bed time, you still need to be able to see your little one or be able to see to get around, but it is impossible to sleep with the awful room lights on... or even the bathroom light. So Im going to a small plug in one! :)

I hope all this helps!!! I know all the recomendations I have gotten it surely is to do a little dent!!!

UNTIL NEXT TIME :)

Comments

  1. I forget how different American hospitals are from UK ones - your list of things the hospital will supply would certainly not qualify here. Not even close. They give you nothing, and most are rooms of 6 people, even if you're a new Mum. Although, our health care is completely free, so remembering ID, insurance and paperwork is not required. Win some, lose some, I suppose! Great list, though! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliment!
    Wow! I didn't know healthcare was free! That is VERY interesting! Ours is rather high. Is the cost of living more in the UK? Here in the states, most rooms you have to yourself also. I don't know what I would do if I had to share a room with 6 other people. There would be absolutely no privacy at all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Newborn Shadow Box

He is here!!! :)

5 Years ago this week...