He is here!!! :)



I was 30 years old when my boyfriend of 7 years, Kyle, and I found out we were expecting a baby! We were really excited to have a little person that will have a little bit of both of us. I hadn't been experiencing morning sickness,but smells were REALLY bothering me. I wasn't the type to have a "normal" period so we didn't know something was up. After a couple weeks of experiencing the smell sickness I figured, lets try a test...POSITIVE!!! It was a very nerve racking day for us!

I had a very normal pregnancy with the occasional aches and pains here and there. Once I reached 39 weeks along, I was absolutely ready to have this little guy. I mean I hadn't gotten huge but very uncomfortable!! I had gained over 30 pounds overall!!  Not many cravings... just the routine need to wake up at 2, 3, and 4 am to use the bathroom. I didn't have many stretch marks, well what weren't there already. The whole time I had been working. Wednesday August 8th came around. I woke up as usual for work that morning and I happily discovered my mucous plug when I used the restroom to pee for the hundredth time that day. Nothing seemed to be different that day. I thought this might finally be it. My whole pregnancy went by so fast with no complications.

A week went by. I had my weekly Dr appointment on the August 14th. That was the day we were going to have an ultrasound because they seem to think he was bigger than expected. OH GREAT lol! Dr. Ekman also was going to strip my membrane to speed along the process. Well, when she checked me I was still 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. For the past month and a half, I had not changed. Not a huge deal. I was a bit disappointed because Dr. Ekman told me she didn't think the stripping of the membrane was going to do anything. He was still pretty high and I had not changed at all in dilation.

WELL, August 15th, 2012 @ 2-2:30 in the morning I got up to use that bathroom and layed back down. About 15 minutes later I felt like I peed myself. What did I think...HOLY SHIT! THIS IS IT!!! Seriously. I was continuously 'leaking' but wasn't feeling any pain. I called my mom at work. She works, coincidentally enough, in the hospital pharmacy. "Mom, I got up to use the bathroom and it felt like i peed myself..." "ok honey, your water broke...call the doctor and see what she would like you to do and call me back..." That was it, Dr. Ekman called me right back and she said to be admitted. I wasn't feeling ANY pain at all. None. Which was weird to me. I was always told that when your water breaks that is when the pain gets intense. I proceeded to take a shower. I didn't want to be 'dirty' when I have my perfect little guy. That and I had Elizabeth from Elizabeth Videc Photography doing my birth photography and although some of the views wasnt "cute" I wanted to look halfway decent for our 1st pictures together :)

About 4:30am i woke Kyle up and told him my water broke and we need to go to the hospital. He insisted that we wait until my contractions get to 5 min apart. Little did he know, they were I just wasn't feeling them. Off to the hospital we go!!!  I gathered my bags and left to the hospital with Kyle and Ally beside me. I called Krissy. SHE WAS SO EXCITED, If this was false she surely would have been pissed lol. After about and hour of being monitored they decided that I was in labor and I needed to be checked in. I got my IV at 6:45am. They wanted to start pitocin. I was NOT excited about that. Pitocin speeds up the process but makes it hurt MUCH worse. Tick tock, tick tock...

About 11:00 the pain was SO unbearable. I always said, I will not be one of those loud people in labor. I was :( It was HORRIBLE. No way, will I put myself through that again.  I paged my nurse. She was next door helping another lady with her epidural.  I was only 3cm at that time  but I had to wait another half hour, which to me felt like hours! At 11:32am I got it, OMG was that the BEST thing EVER!!!

With the epidural I was then able to get comfortable again. Every now and then I would wake up when a nurse would come in and check on my progress. Let me just say that I was feeling waaaay too numb from the epidurals high dosage by now! Then as morning came and went and the afternoon was fast approaching I was asked if I felt the need to push at all. My Dr. came in with the nurses and I was completely dilated and about a +1 station. Pushing was good but I was really uncomfotable in between pushes. At first I just felt ALOT of pressure, in my rear, which makes no sense to me but thats another day lol. I remember starting to push and I rememeber pushing him out. And let me tell ya I felt all of the end part, but quickly forgot all about the pain once he was out. After he started crowning I didn't rest between pushes. I kept going until he was out.

At 4:50 pm on august 15th, after only 20 minutes of intense pushing I gave birth to my first born son whom we named Luca Frederick Gilbert. He weighed a healthy 7 lbs and 4.9 oz, and was 20 inches long. This was a great learning experience for me and I have never been happier since.

                           





Luca 1 day New :) <3










Comments

  1. He is so stinkin cute Cassie. I have known you for years. I am so blessed to have the 3 of you in my life. Your FAMILY is finally complete. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Newborn Shadow Box

5 Years ago this week...